Let’s recap the health benefits of chia:
- More fibre than bran
- 3x more antioxidants than blueberries
- 15x more magnesium than broccoli
- 3x more iron than spinach
- Helps with hydration
Yield: 2 servings
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk, as needed to thin out
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tbsp carob flour/powder
- 1 or 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (depending on your preference)
- Shaved chocolate for garnish (optional)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients (starting with 1 & 1/3 cup almond milk) until the clumps are gone. Place in fridge for 1-2 hours, until thick or overnight. Stir well, add more milk if desired to achieve the thickness you desire, and serve chilled. Alternatively you can heat in the microwave and serve it warm.
*It’s nice with a spoonful of coconut cream mixed in or a mashed banana too.
Nutritional Info: (per serving, without shaved chocolate): 197 kcals, 12 grams fat (healthy fat from chia/almond), 26 grams carbs, 15 grams fibre, 9 grams sugar, 8 grams protein.