This super breakfast salad is Vegan, Gluten Free & Guilt Free!!! Perfect for those day’s where extra energy is required.
Yield: 2-3 as a main, 4-6 as a side.
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, (frozen can be used)
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and sliced
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener, think honey or agave nectar)
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice (or lemon might work!)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, chop the fruit and place in a large bowl.
3. Mix the dressing ingredients (maple syrup, balsamic, lime juice, salt) in a small jar and adjust to taste if necessary. Note: You may have to double the dressing recipe if your salad is quite large.
4. Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork and add to large bowl with fruit. Combine. Pour on dressing and mix well. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until serving time. Serves 2-3 as a main or 4-6 as a side. Or if you are reeeeally hungry 2 people!
Thank you to www.ohsheglows.com for another inspired recipe