This meal is very easy and so yum!
Preperation and Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 medium eggplants, washed
- 1 cup oil (not olive oil)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow asafoetida powder
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Cut the eggplants into strips
2. Heat the oil in fry pan on moderate to high heat. when the oil is hot, add enough eggplant strips to fill frying pan. Shallow-fry the eggplant until soft. Remove the eggplant from pan with a spoon and drain.
3. Heat olive oil in separate frying pan. When oil is hot, add asafoetida, tomatoes, tomato paste and water. Cook uncoverd for 10 minutes or until sauce is thick.
4. Add salt and pepper, mix well, and add eggplant. Serve either hot or cold :0)