I’m just going to go right ahead and say, this is DELICIOUS.
But don’t rely on my taste, try this yourself, it’s an easy, nutritious recipe flexible enough to go with any meal.
(Makes 4 cups)
- 1/2 kilo sweet potatoes (roughly 2 medium)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chopped chipotle chili (optional breed)
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- course sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat moderate oven (180)
- Pierce potatoes several times with a fork; place on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- Cool slightly, then peel and add to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add chickpeas, lime juice, tahini, olive oil, chipotle and garlic.
- Puree until smooth and thin with up to 2 tablespoons of water if necessary. Add ¼ teaspoon salt and season with pepper.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 week in an airtight container.
- Garnish with additional olive oil and smoked paprika before serving.
Thank you to The Blissful Blog for inspiration x